JD is in Toronto on business, so I invited a few females over to S/V Gone Tomorrow for a girl’s night. I figured there was no better time to start the Scurvy Cures project than with a bunch of women that live on boats. Lara, Ashley, Krista and Kelsey were all on board and brought over plenty of fixings for the evening.
For the first Cure, I decided to (loosely) stick to the original Gin Gimlet recipe.
The Ingredient List:
- Trader Joe’s Limeade (the label even says that it’s an excellent source of Vitamin C)
- Bag of fresh limes
- Gin (as we’re on a budget, I went with Rear Admiral Joseph’s Original London Dry Gin from TJ’s for $7.99)
- Cherries for garnish
- 2 ounces of gin
- 3 ounces of Limeade
- 1/2 a fresh squeezed lime
- Shake well (I find that a mason jar works wonders, and then you can drink straight from it. Less dishes!)
- Add a lime wedge and cherry as a garnish
This concoction gets my full stamp of approval for scurvy prevention. In fact, we finished off the bottle of gin and proceeded to use bourbon in it’s place… which, dare I say, may have been even tastier.
It was definitely a successful girl’s night with plenty of Vitamin C for all. The Jen Gimlet is going down as a winner in my book.
A special thanks to Krista for playing photographer for the evening.