Wednesday was the official end of a 21 day cleanse for JD and me, so we decided to celebrate with a Scurvy Cure for the Common Sailor. And what better way to celebrate than with a champagne cocktail, a spectacular sunset, a full moon, a couple of good friends and plenty of Vitamin C?
The Merry Maker
The Ingredient List (Serves 4 Sailors 2 drinks each):
- 2 Bottles of Champagne (I went with a Brut as I didn’t want it to be overly sweet)
- Grapefruit Juice (Contains 90% of recommended Vitamin C daily intake!!)
- Organic Strawberries
- Pour 1 entire bottle of champagne into 4 glasses
- 2 second pour of grapefruit juice
- 1 second pour of limeade
- Hand squeeze 1 juicy strawberry into drink and then drop the remainder of the berry into the glass
- Watch sunset
- Drink and repeat
Refreshing and tasty on a warm San Francisco evening with enough Vitamin C to stop Scurvy in its tracks. A special thanks to Raine and Anne for their willingness to experiment with grapefruit juice.